The Italian Ministry of the Evironment and Energy Security (MASE) participates to specific activities and programs promoted by the main international organization (above all the United Nations), by their subsidiary bodies, institutions and specialized agencies, with a special focus on the protection of environment, promotion of sustainable development and fight of climate changes.
Within this framework, the Ministry establishes alliances and partnerships also to strengthen institutional relations with key countries for bilateral cooperation in the environmental field.
Through compulsory and/or voluntary mechanisms of contributions, defined on the basis of the rules shared in the relevant international fora, the Ministry co-finances the promotion of initiatives and projects aimed, in particular, at promoting clean technologies, energy saving, renewable energies and, prospectively, new job and investment opportunities.
• REC - Regional Environmental Center Ended activity
• Regional Multilateral Cooperation
• UNDP (United Nations Development Programme)
Africa Center for Climate and Sustainable Development and Agenda 2030 Activity until 2020
• UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organization)
• UNCCD (United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification)
• IEA (International Energy Agency)
• UNIDO ITPO ITALY (Italian Investment and Technology Promotion Office)