Sustainable energy, renewables and energy efficiency are key elements in the global commitments taken in 2015 with the UN 2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement.
They are also in the focus of the International Exhibition held in Astana (Kazakhstan) from June 10 to September 10, 2017.
The Italian Ministry for the Environment, Land and Sea (IMELS) marked its presence in the Italian Pavilion showing its international environmental cooperation in dozens of countries as Italian contribution to reach the global goals.
On the top of its presence, on 3rd of September a Seminar was held to present some of the most significant activities ongoing at different levels and contexts.
The event was organized by the Directorate general for sustainable development of IMELS and saw the collaboration of several national and international institutions, agencies, academia, governments and international organizations.
Contributions (pdf presentations)
- Felice Cappelluti, Salvatore D'Angelo - Environment and climate change in IMELS development cooperation
- Domenico Bruzzone - Strategic Intentions: a fund for energy access within the framework of the new Itally’s ODA Law
- Wolfgang D’Innocenzo - Innovation and technology for sustainable energy under multilateral development cooperation
- Maria Velardi - Mapping of renewable energy potential in Lesotho
- Balisi Gopolang - Regulatory framework and promotion of renewable energies in Botswana
- Marco Stefanoni - Low carbon technologies pilot projects in urban and rural areas: Botswana, Solomon, Vanuatu
- Paolo Galli, Marco Cavallotti, Livia Pomodoro, Maurizio Acciarri - Installationof water desalination plant on the Island of Magoodhoo - Faafu Atoll - Maldives
- Maurizio Acciarri - An integrated approach to supply drinking water in Maldives
- Natalia Aleexeva - Mediterranean Investment Facility in Egypt
- Rani Al Alachkar - Lebanese financial mechanisms: National Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Action (NEEREA) and Lebanese Environmental Action (LEA)
Stefano Ravagnan, Italian Ambassador in Astana,
Salvatore D’Angelo and Felice Cappelluti,
Maria Velardi, Enea and Balisi Gopolang
Marco Stefanoni, ENEA with Paolo Galli,
The audience at the Seminar Future Energy in environmental
Natalia Aleexeva, UNEP and Rani Al Achkar,